Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Once upon a time ago, in a past life...

...I wrote this blog post. Man, I barely even recognize this guy:

TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2005

It's this simple, kids:

I am going to run 100 consecutive miles.

Someday. Not tomorrow, not even this year, but mark my words, these legs will pump out 100 miles without so much as a few minutes of sleep. It's something that in the past months I've decided that I must do.

I'm signed up for and running a 25k mountain race on August 27th (only 15.7 miles, but in the Santa Monica Mountains, so plenty of elevation changes and hazardous trails), but I see a 50k in my near, near future. From there, it's only another 20 miles to a 50 mile ultra-marathon, and well hell, while you're there, might as well tack on another 50 for an even 100...

I know it sounds crazy, but it's something, one of the few things I've ever considered, that I have to do. Of course, talk to me when I have blisters the size of half-dollars on my heels at mile 56...

2 comments:

fatozzig said...

Love it! You're friends and family will be such as ecstatic as you when you reach that 100-mile mark. Just a couple of miles left . . . .

Gary Vale said...

It won't be long now. That 100 mile finish will be soon, and I am going to witness it! It will be "epic".