Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Griffith Park has at last opened (nearly) all of it's trails!

Saturday, I went on a glorious 1 1/2 hour run up to the epicenter of the burn area. Hole. E. Shit. So much is barren. It really was like running on the moon...with gravity. And no flag standing straight out.

AND MY RUN WASN'T FAKED LIKE THE MOON LANDING.

I kid.

I reflected during my run: My leg is nearly 100% healed; it merely took the time it needed. And Griffith Park took the time it required to heal, grow, and return.

I commend the LA Fire Department on their brave fight against the blaze. The terrain they traversed in smoke and scorching flame is incredibly steep and dangerous. To witness what they managed to save is nothing short of miraculous.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Good to have time to heal.. especially when the time is mostly over.. and the healing is mostly accomplished. Congratulations.