Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sure, I can run 50 miles just for fun...

...but working at the pub on St. Patrick's Day will undoubtedly leave me in a quivering, exhausted heap. Last year, it was wall to wall patrons for 8 hours straight, and the unending din of the 4 back-to-back Irish bands left the "deedle-dee-deeing" of a bagpipe in my head for days. I seriously went into the walk in cooler to escape it. One of the cooks joined me and asked, "You can still hear it, right? It's not just in my head, RIGHT?"

Happy St. Pat's to you all! I hope to come out of it alive. And without DEEDLE-DEE-DEE DA DEEDLE DA DEE running through my brain for the coming week.

4 comments:

Ann-Kathrin Koch Photography said...

My thoughts are with you on this day...

Gretchen said...

So...did you survive?
Dum dee dee deedle dee dee deedle dee dee!

rustyboy said...

Thanks you, AK. Thank you.

Gretchen: I'm barely clawing my way back to reality. Coffee is helping. But it needs something...something like...Jameson?

Robert Schroeder said...

Hey Russ nice meeting you on Saturday with Dan and Jen. A buddy of mine works at McSorley's Ale House in NYC. St. Patty's day is quite the event there. Lines down the block to get in.If you are not drinking they ask you to leave! Servers delivering 16 halfpint mugs of Dark or light ale at one time. It is insane. So I do feel for you. A fifty mile run seems like a walk in the park for you.