Wednesday, August 26, 2009

As you likely do not know, I do my two shorter runs at the gym during the week, usually on the elliptical, to give my body a break from the banging of the trails. Today, as I settled into my 6 miler, two middle-aged women were talking to my right, beside one another, and through my headphones, I heard the unmistakable sound of the whitest people on the planet trying to rap. The woman beside me:

"My name is Mary...
...uhhhh...
My husband's name is Mike...
...uuuhhhh...
the....uhhhh....hmmm...other day he did something
I just didn't like..."

This went on for several minutes, each of them taking turns. Sadly, I wasn't in the mindset to completely shut off my music and eavesdrop.

I believe they landed a recording deal somewhere around the stationary bicycles.

1 comment:

fatozzig said...

All I can do is giggle.